The FG heritage extends back to the 1966 release of the FG180, the first production acoustic guitar by Yamaha. In the more than half-century since, we have balanced traditional guitar craft with a spirit of constant refinement, pursuing our vision of the ideal folk guitar. Inspired by Yamaha’s® iconic “red label” guitars of the 1960s, FS Red Label guitars feature a semi-gloss finish and high-quality components to deliver a beautiful vintage aesthetic.
- 1960s aesthetics and modern craft, refined over 50+ years of Yamaha guitar development
- The original Yamaha FS concert shape is a good fit for players who prefer a smaller body, and has a slightly brighter sound to complement strumming and fingerpicking
- New scalloped FS bracing pattern provides a warm, powerful tone with rich harmonics
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) treatment imparts the sound and sustain of aged wood
- All-solid construction with a Sitka spruce top and mahogany back & sides
- Ebony fingerboard & bridge
- Hard bag included